Saturday, April 26, 2008

Petticoat Junction

Remember that old show with the hotel and the train in the town of Hooterville with Kate and lazy Uncle Joe as a few of the characters? I just saw a routine from the popular comedian, Ron White. Here is a short from Ron's routine I heard tonight:

Normally I stand up here and don't see much of the audience. Tonight is special as tonight we are making a DVD of the show, but normally I look out over the audience and see all dark or just a few people in the first few rows. One night I looked out and there was this woman sitting down front with one of those denim skirts, you know, the ones with the buttons up the front. Well this one wasn't buttoned..... I couldn't help but look, you know, with my attention deficit and all.... After a while, I had to say something and said, "Ma'am, Could you button up your skirt? I can see your slip." She snapped back, "It's a petticoat!" Well ma'am, I can see the junction. (long pause) And Uncle Joe looks like he could use a good shave, by the way...."

The audience was rolling with laughter. I having a hard time getting into many of the latest bunch of comedian's, but this guy is pretty good.

Well, the Flyers won tonight fair and square. They are looking a lot better than I thought they would against Montreal and they have good chance of advancing to the next round if they can keep this up. Time will tell.

No comments: