Sunday, May 4, 2008

The weather

I share my son's sentiments about the weather after reading a recent post in his blog. It is too cold for air conditioning, but my room up on the third floor builds up heat even on a balmy day like today and will be very warm when I go to bed tonight. I can open a window, but with the convection of this house, no air comes in the window, as the air from the downstairs flows up through the house ( goes out the window) and really doesn't cool the room off at all. Yes, some warm air goes out, but not enough. I like my room a bit on the chilly side at night. I work in the heat all day and (especially) during the summer months (with no central air), the house is usually a bit on the warm side. That's all okay, but when I go to bed, I feel it is my reward to spend the end of my day in the comfort I deserve. It's almost at this point already and it isn't even hot outside yet. The downstairs is comfy, but the bedroom will be warmer tonight than I would like.

Speaking more about the frustrations of weather, are the forecasts. I could be with my son Elliot this moment, so why am I here instead? Because up until Saturday, I thought that Sunday was going to be a total washout. I can go see him anytime, but I elected for Monday evening after work, because I felt it would be better than today and not have to run around in the "supposed" downpours. As today turned out so beautiful, I guess I could have went to visit him anyway, but I already told his mommy that I would wait until Monday. My wife always was one who has had to work around other peoples' schedules for so long and I try not to make it any harder for her. Yes, we live apart, but we are still "one" in my mind and always try to make things as easy as I can for her. Anyway, being a meteroroligist must be the best job in the world. What other job can one make so many mistakes and get away with it?...lol.

So I will go see Elliot on Monday for a little night out for dinner, hear his insights about life as he knows it and he surely will come up with another dandy about something. He is one kid that is never at a loss for words and if you would ever have the pleasure to hear him, he would leave you speechless, like he does to me.

I'm stunned. The Flyers advanced to the next round of the playoffs. Nobody expected them to beat Montreal, but they did it in five games. If all goes as expected, the Flyers will meet up with Pittsburgh in the semifinals. Have to see where that series goes.

No comments: