Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Voyage to the bottom of the sink....again.

Yes it's true, another adventure in doing the dishes, in fact, not since my last entry about doing the dishes, when was that? I put up a strong fight kept up with them for a while, but they took over and now I'm back whee I was a few weeks ago. This time, I wasn't alone. I had The Dave Clark Five by my side and playing on the speakers in the kitchen. We all have our favorite songs that get us motivated and their song, "Glad All Over" is a big foot stomping tune and actually was the only song in 1965, that knocked the Beatles off the charts for a whole fifteen minutes. It's true. The Beatles owned the top spot with many songs that year, but Dave and the boys had that honor for their fifteen minutes of fame. Glad All Over is one song I can play the drums to, without missing a beat. Like most of their songs, they explode out of the starting gate and other than the ballads, the songs have no instrumental interlude and they blast each verse at you until the end. I love the song, "Any Way You Want it", with the fading echo added in the studio at the end of the lines that end with, hey, hey, hey--ey--ey--ey. Ahead of their time with that one.

I really like the ballad, "Because" and is a love song that I can relate to. One that if a woman would have a man sing this to her, surely she would melt in his arms. In contrast another love song, more upbeat and rowdy like most of their material, is "You've Got What It Takes." This is one song I'm not sure any man should sing to a gal who he wants to woo, but get these lyrics, repeated for the last three verses: "You don't live in a fancy place, and you don't dress in the best of taste, and nature didn't give you such a beautiful face, but bay-yay-yaya-bee, you've got what it takes, to satisfy and you've got what it takes, and so do I, so oh, oh, oh, oh, oh-a yeah, you've got what it takes for me." So by the time I play the eight songs from them that I pirated off the computer back in 2001 (thank goodness I did. I want the History of Dave Clark Five collection so bad, but can't justify spending $78 and up on Amazon), I'll have my last batch of dishes done in that time. Then off to record the movie, "Rear Window" on my DVR on TCM.

Take care all of you.

No comments: