Monday, June 9, 2008

Elliot's quote of the week

Almost every weekend, Elliot seems to come up with a good line. This week was no exception.

I was yawning while Elliot and I were watching TV upstairs on Saturday evening. He was sitting close to me and suddenly stared at my mouth. He said, "Do that again." So I did. Then he said, "Wow, that's big. Looks like a portal to another dimension." Then simply turned away with a straight look on his face and began watching TV again.

Almost made me wonder if it was one of those jokes to "make you look". Like I should go grab a mirror and see if he saw something I wasn't aware of in there...lol.

The line kind of took me by surprise and normally my mouth would drop open, but since it already was, I had nothing else to do with it and just humbly shut it back up. It was one of those moments that many of us have from time to time, where you simply go blank and have no comment. Luckily I had a pencil and a notepad nearby to jot down his quote. With aging (no, I wasn't going to say getting older! ! !...lol), what enters the ears must go to another dimension or something, 'cuz sometimes it just don't seem to be there to recall and.....darn, forgot what I was going to say (wink). Anyway, to finish that last sentence, .....what goes in somehow gets forgotten, making me wonder where it went.

I know where I'm going now..... potty. I'm gonna sit this one out and know for sure at least where it ends up....lol. No mop tonight....lol.

Take care. Love you all.

1 comment:

Nate said...

I know that the mouth is portal to a dimension. Things go into it and over time that makes mid-sections grow outward. Both of those involve motion along the same line, parallel to the ground and pointing forward.