Thursday, June 19, 2008

Elliot's latest

On Sunday, I had something funny to tell all of you, but wasn't sure if it would be appropriate in all present company. Here I am in in a man's house who is Jewish, so I didn't know how he would take something like this. I bet he would take it pretty good coming from Elliot, but just was not sure. Felt it was best not to talk religion at the dinner table, I guess you know what I mean.

As Elliot and I were driving home last weekend, we were talking about the Indiana Jone's movies. He started on about making a new "Ark", called "The Ark of the Government". I asked him as to what we would do to make it look different from the Ark of the Covenant? I told him there were gold wings on the top and suggested maybe have some presidents in their place. He said there should be a head of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln on top, facing each other. He asked me what was inside the original ark and I told him that was where the original Ten Commandments, etched on two stone tablets as the Bible says and were placed inside. His next idea was to put inside the ark, a book of the entire American history, adding that the pages would have to be pretty big, maybe ten feet long as we have a lot of history. As always, I was busting up laughing inside. It was so cute. I said, it will have to be a pretty thick book. He said, yeah and will probably need a lot bigger box..... I love those hour drives with him, I think at those moments is where I really get to hear his inner feelings, away from the video and computer games, away from the TV and love to just hear him ramble on. It's like in the old days when families sat around the dinner table and could all share what was on their minds.

I have a good one for him. I'm going to ask him after all the "Global Warming" engulf the earth in a few hundred years (assuming it is something to really be concerned about) and after we are all long gone, will there be people out to search for the Ark of the Government? I can't wait to hear what he comes up with. Elliot has his own ideas about global warming, by the way...and have to share all that here sometime.

Take care all of you who actually read this stuff.

No comments: