Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This post at Elliot's request.

Elliot asked me to post this, as he said something very funny last weekend. It's fun when kids can poke a little fun at themselves and I guess he liked the reaction he got from me an his mommy from what he said. But first, things all started five days earlier.

As all of you know, I have a common condition known as paroxymal, supraventricular tachycardia (excuse any spelling with all this). A common arythmia that causes the heart rate to elevate up over 180 beats per minute and in my case, even faster at times. It is important to get the heart rate back to normal as soon as possible, so when this happens, I must get to the emergency room as soon as I can. Sounds scary, but not really (unless not dealt with at the time). Had it since I was 22 years old. Anyway, I had to go over to the emergency room again two Sundays ago. It's not the first time I had to do this, but this time Elliot had to come with me and things worked out fine after the docs injected the usual medicine into me to slow the heart rate down and was back home in less than three hours. I was told to make an appointment with my cardiologist to discuss a procedure (called an ablation) were they can burn off the nerve or electrical area on the heart, to eliminate this condition for good. Made the appointment, went in that Thursday and afterwards went down to pick Elliot up for the weekend.

As when I can get away to pick up Elliot early enough, sometimes we meet with mom and we sneak off to a fast food place and hopefully get her back in time so she won't get in trouble for being away at work. We ended up at Arby's on Thursday near where she works. As we were eating, I was explaining all of this to mom and in chimes good old Elliot, knowing I have stents and seriously said, "But dad, you already have "stencils". Me and mom busted up laughing and I think Elliot knew why. He simply said the wrong word, but caught it too late. It's like Adrienne's mushroom and marshmallow thing or even a better one.

Once mom and I were watching "The Right Stuff". In one part of the movie, Chuck Yeager, who was not chosen to become an astronaut, went out one morning and seemed obsessed with taking a new jet for a flight. Soon he took off and flew straight up, hitting over 100,000 feet and just after seeing a glimpse of space, the engine cut out and he was heading back to earth. He hit the parachutes and fell safely back. Mom sort of missed that part, and soon the scene "came" up with him walking toward the rescue people, plane all in flames in the background, then mom says, "Look, he is safe. He ejaculated." She caught it in seconds and we both busted up laughing. Just had to share. We all do it as far as mixing up words and always is a riot when one is on the listening end.

So Elliot told me he didn't make the stent mistake on purpose and he laughed about it later that he called them stencils. It was his request to put this on the blog all last weekend and finally got around it tonight.

Come back again...lol ;-)

No comments: