Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Pope in the pizza.

On Friday evening after picking up Elliot, we stopped at Pizza Hut for dinner. We had some pizza left over, had it boxed and brought it home. We got home, after finding a parking space way up the block, brought everything in the house for the evening and began preparing for our weekend away at my granddaughter's Birthday party at State College with all the family. On Saturday morning, Elliot and I got picked up and we spent a nice weekend away from the house. It was one of the nicest weekends I have had in as far as I can remember and hope to do it all again someday. Anyway, on the way home on Sunday after a big lunch at the local Ponderosa Steak House in State College, food somehow entered my mind. I remember having the leftover pizza from Pizza Hut in the refrigerator and figured it would make a good snack for me later after I got home. Later that evening I went to the fridge and there was no pizza. I figured with all the excitement on Friday evening, I might have eaten the pizza and simply forgot that I did. I made myself something to eat and got ready for bed.

Monday morning on my way to work, I walked up to my car and saw something on the car roof. Sure enough, total recall now kicking in, There was the pizza. The lid was opened and all three little leftover slices were all exposed. It sort of made me laugh, wondering how many people must have waked by all weekend and saw it sitting there.

What makes this more humorous, the birds up in the tree made this pizza into a pooperoni pizza by adding a little of their own bird dropping topping. Made me think about the old gag on Saturday Night live back in 1980, find the Pope in the pizza , but now it was more like finding the "poop" in the pizza....lol. There was no bird poop on the rest of the roof of the car (unless the rain washed it off, but I doubt it). Did you ever try to wash bird poop off a car without having to rub the crap (pun intended) out of it? Anyway, momma bird must have been doing her job quite well. Her babies seemed to have been trained to hit a small target with great accuracy. It's funny what you notice about something so gross and soggy on the top of your car so early in the morning, while you are still half asleep. Has this ever happened to any of you?....lol. Especially as you attempt to to pick it u off the roof. The thing was a waterlogged, all swelled up and a mushy mess. One try to pick it up was almost a near disaster.

Luckily I keep plastic shopping bags in my trunk, because it is obvious someone like me needs them. I held the bag open and tried to slide the whole mess off my roof. Splat, one slice is now in the gutter, another slice spilling all over the place, just grazing the outer part of my work bag. It was disgusting. Some of it just missed the open pouch where I keep may wallet, comb, work ID, etc. Luckily my reflexes aren't so good in the morning and turned slow enough or maybe some of this gunk would have slid in if I reacted faster. As humorous as this all was, my attitude might have changed if that would have happened. I should have just left it all fall into the street, catching one third was better than nothing. I was doing good to this point and didn't want to blow it and lose my temper. All turned out fine, everything else got in the bag, no gooey mess down the side if the car threw it all away at the trash can at the company parking lot. It could have been worse. All's well that ends well.

I could have let the rest on the roof....lol.

No comments: